Sunday 20 March 2011

New Toys for product photography

Recently I get attracted to product photography and DIY photography equipments. Combining these two interests it become DIY product photography.

You can find a lot of video or articles from internet. There are DIY photography websites such as : http://www.diyphotography.net/ or http://news.deviantart.com/article/55003/ . Of course there are more website sharing their ideas and concepts. Beside that, people who upload their video on youtube do help a lot and it inspire me.

During this weekend, I get myself shopping around to see what I can get for my product photography accessories.


2 light bulbs - 5500k temperature color.
2 clips or light bulb holder.
2 sets of cables
2 Pringles
1 cotton made oil filter net

The light bulbs is a bit expensive for a DIY mission, but I got no choice. I can only find this temperature color from one shop. According to my research, 5500k temperature color will be the best for photography.

I had change the original socket and cables from the clips. It just looks bad and I don't dare to use it. The cable they used is just too thin and the plug don't really fit in. So I changed it with new cables and socket where I bought it separately from another hardware shop. And the Pringles will become the snoot and/or reflector. Finally, the oil filter net will become the diffuser. Hopefully it will give good result.

Well, I got everything done but not starting to shoot yet, because my house don't have a good place for me to set up everything. There are just too many housemate and I will not have any chance to have a dark room. So , I planned to bring everything over my office and do the shooting after office hour.

Cant wait to test all the equipment!!! Hopefully it brings good results.



Lu Ting Jieh

1 comment: